Who should attend?
This class is for Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Developers, organisational managers who work with Scrum Teams, or anyone who wants to learn how Scrum can improve their value delivery. Despite the name of the class, it is not just for Scrum Masters.
There is no requirement for any knowledge of product or software delivery prior to participating, nor any experience of being in a Scrum Team.
What is the class?
You will learn the theory behind the Scrum framework and hear experiences from our trainer/s about how they’ve applied the principles in industry.
The areas of focus are:
- Empiricism – the evidence-based, decision-making theory that underpins the whole Scrum framework.
- Scrum Values – the five core values that provide the bedrock on which successful, self-managing Scrum Teams are built.
- Scrum Team – the three accountabilities and how they work together to produce a Done increment.
- Events – the opportunities Scrum provides to inspect and adapt, ensuring focus remains on value delivery.
- Artefacts – the transparent articles that are inspected throughout a Sprint and adapted as needed.
- Self-managing Teams – the qualities of good Scrum Teams and how they work together.
Also touched upon are; Done, facilitation styles, leadership styles, coaching and mentoring, forecasting and release planning, Product value, Product Backlog management, emergent software development, managing technical risk, and continuous quality.