Who should attend?
This course is ideal for:
Anyone working in a product-centric environment such as Scrum Masters (to be an effective coach), Product Owners, Product Managers and Business Analysts. Simply, it’s for anyone who wants to gain practical ways to manage stakeholders and the Product Backlog.
What is the class?
In this two half-day skills-building course, participants will learn how to best manage a Product Backlog that clearly expresses your future vision of your product and brings transparency to what is most valuable for the Scrum Team to work on. You’ll learn which Product Backlog Item attributes you should capture and methods you can use to order the Product Backlog.
The areas of focus are:
- Apply practical techniques to create, refine, and order your Product Backlog
- Identify and effectively communicate with stakeholders
- Capture your stakeholder’s needs on a Product Backlog
- Find better ways to make your Product Backlog more transparent
- Use empiricism as a competitive advantage
We want you to leave the class with a toolbox of techniques to help you improve Product Ownership. Please note that the class is based on activities, and will not cover new theory. We expect you to have a working knowledge of how Scrum works in order to get benefit from the PSPBMS class.