Who should attend?
This course is appropriate for students in any industry where teams are working to solve complex problems. For example, this includes Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Product Managers, Developers, and organisational managers who work with products and their valuable delivery. Despite the name of the class, it is not just for Product Owners.
There is no requirement for any knowledge of product or software delivery prior to participating, nor any experience of being in a Scrum Team.
What is the class?
You will learn the theory behind product delivery and value validation but also how to exercise it. You will also hear experiences from your trainer/s about how they’ve applied the principles in industry.
The areas of focus are:
- Agility – increasing business agility through proper execution of the Product Owner accountabilities.
- Business – learning how to bridge business strategy to product delivery effectively, whilst supporting a product over project mentality.
- Product techniques – implementing effective Product Backlog management, release management, forecasting and stakeholder interaction.
- Empiricism – the evidence-based, decision-making theory that underpins the whole Scrum framework.
- Metrics – tracking value creation and how to measure product success, consequently improving empirical decision making.
- Communication – considering how to effectively communicate the strategy, product vision and Product Goal.