£499.00 – £1,198.80
This is a special edition of Professional Scrum Master Training, taught using the innovative ecosystem of Scrum Lake. All of the same learning objectives and core activities from the Professional Scrum Master class are met (and exceeded), but this class is delivered in a different way. This two-day course is widely regarded as the industry standard class to become a Scrum Master. Fundamentally, you will take away the knowledge and skills to help your teams excel at Product delivery.
Whilst Scrum Lake: Professional Scrum Master I Training is still accredited and assessed by Scrum.org, the differentiator with this training is that student learning is supported and embodied by the Scrum Lake ecosystem. This is seen in themed activities that flow from one concept to another instead of independent learning opportunities – the training is a journey that is, in part, co-created by the participants as they experience it. All of the same learning objectives and core activities from the Professional Scrum Master class are met (and exceeded), but this class is delivered in a different way.
Professional Scrum Master™ (PSM) is an interactive, activity-based course where students gain a strong understanding of Professional Scrum and the role of the Scrum Master. Through a combination of discussion and exercises, students develop a deep understanding of the underlying principles of Scrum and the Agile mindset while learning the practices applied by successful Scrum Teams.
Classes are delivered as 2 full day, or four half-day workshops.
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Master course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) assessment.
The industry-recognised PSM I certification requires a minimum passing score of 85%. PSM class participants who attempt the PSM I assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost. You are also entitled to a discount on the PSM II assessment once passing PSM I.
Who should attend?
This course is appropriate for students in any industry where teams are working to solve complex problems. The Professional Scrum Master course is for:
• Practitioners that are interested in starting a career as a Scrum Master
• Scrum Masters, Agile/Scrum Coaches and consultant looking to improve their use of Scrum
• Anyone involved in product delivery using Scrum
Course Learning Objectives
• Understand the theory and principles behind Scrum and empiricism
• Help Scrum Teams deliver value to their organisation
• Understand how each part of the Scrum framework ties back to the principles and theory
• Understand uncertainty and complexity in product delivery
• Understand the meaning and importance of the Scrum values
• Learn what Done means and why it is crucial to transparency
• Know how to use the Product Backlog to plan with agility
• Understand the importance of self-managing teams, interpersonal skills needed, and the Scrum Master role
• Clarify the leadership role a Scrum Master play on the team
• Learn the skills and traits and behaviour shifts required to be a Scrum Master
– A free attempt at the industry-standard PSM I assessment (with a second opportunity available if needed within 14 days).
– 14 PDUs for PMI can be claimed for attendance.
– Lifetime certification from Scrum.org.
– 40% discount on the PSM II assessment.
Primary Market (UK – VAT Liable), Primary Market (VAT Exempt), Secondary Market, Tertiary Market, Business to Business (UK – VAT liable), Business to Business (VAT exempt)