The Professional Scrum MasterTM level II (PSM II) assessment is available to anyone who wishes to demonstrate his or her ability to apply the Scrum framework to solving advanced, complex problems in the real world. Those that pass the assessment will receive the industry recognised PSM II certification as an indication of their advanced knowledge and abilities pertaining to Scrum and the role of the Scrum Master.
Who should attend?
Anyone attempting the PSM II should have advanced Scrum knowledge, in-depth Scrum experience and/or have taken the Professional Scrum Master course prior to taking this assessment. However, attending a course is neither necessary nor sufficient for certification. The PSM II assessment is very difficult, and consists of multiple-choice questions based on your knowledge of Scrum and how you would handle real-world situations.
There is no requirement for any knowledge of product or software delivery prior to participating.
What is the class?
Typically offered as two day/four half-day classes, the PSM II is an interactive learning experience. Students are challenged to think within the Scrum framework, the underlying principles and values, and how they help guide Scrum Masters in the decisions they make. Students will also explore what practices, tools, skills, and stances make an effective Scrum Master.
The areas of focus are:
• What makes an effective Scrum Master
• How to support the Scrum Team
• How to support the organisation
• Challenges of middle management
• Dealing with complexity and impediments
• Measurement in Scrum
• Successful product delivery and “Done”
• Facilitation techniques
What are the benefits of attending a PSM II with Optilearn?
There are lots of trainers offering the same course. When you book directly with Optilearn (sometimes, we offer our classes via Partner Training Organisations) you will receive the following benefits:
- If you fail your (free) assessment attempt on the first go, we’ll give you free mentoring, coaching and teaching to help you fill in the gaps before your (free) second attempt.
- You will get a free ticket to a Scrum Lake Workshop of your choosing.
- You will receive a welcome pack from us, thanking you for your registration.
- Specifically designated time in every class for assessment preparation. Practicing some mock questions and receiving feedback will increase your chances of success.
Upcoming classes and pricing
Our pricing model can be found by clicking on our calendar below. We price our classes dependent on your geographical market, with discounts available for secondary and tertiary locations. Typically, this will mean a lower, per-participant cost (proof of residency may be required). Please contact us for more information if this is relevant to you.
Virtual Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) – 24/25 Feb 2022£598.80 – £1,198.80