Applying Professional Scrum™
The Applying Professional Scrum (APS) class and associated assessment is widely regarded as the industry standard for experiential Scrum learning. It is created and examined by scrum.org, the home of Scrum. By taking this class, you can be assured that the courseware, trainer and (hopefully) the resulting certification is of the highest quality.
Who should attend?
This class has a wide audience due to its suitability as a complete introduction or refresher to Scrum. It is targeted at organisations who work with Scrum, and want their teams to experience the benefits it can bring to value delivery. As such, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Developers, organisational managers who work with Scrum Teams, or anyone who wants to learn more are the ideal participants.
This class is not recommended for advanced Scrum practitioners. It provides the foundational knowledge to be able to leverage the benefits of an empirical framework rather than deepening knowledge already held.
There is no requirement for any knowledge of product or software delivery prior to participating.
What is the class?
Typically offered as two day/four half-day classes, the APS is an interactive learning experience. You will learn the theory behind the Scrum framework, and hear experiences from our trainer/s how they’ve applied the principles in industry.
The areas of focus are:
- How Agility and Scrum differs from traditional plan-driven work models
- Developing an Agile mindset by focusing on professionalism, experimentation, and outcomes
- Learning the fundamentals of Scrum and how to apply them correctly
- Developing an understanding of what it is like to use Scrum and if it is right for your team
- Learning how to be a great Scrum Team member, or how to support a great Scrum Team
- Leaving the class with ways to identify common pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Using a set of proven practices throughout the class that can be used to enhance their application of Scrum
- Leaving with tools that help Identify first steps in applying Professional Scrum with your team
What are the benefits of attending an APS with Optilearn?
There are lots of trainers offering the same course. When you book directly with Optilearn (sometimes, we offer our classes via Partner Training Organisations) you will receive the following benefits:
If you fail your (free) PSM-I assessment attempt on the first go, we’ll give you free mentoring, coaching and teaching to help you fill in the gaps before your (free) second attempt.
Specifically designated time in every class for assessment preparation. Practicing some mock questions and receiving feedback will increase your chances of success.
This class is for those looking to experience Professional Scrum in practice whilst learning the theory that underpins the framework.
2 days or 4 half days
Virtual or In-person
Download course PDF
Would your organisation benefit from our Applying Professional Scrum™ class?
Use our simple tool to create a personalised, instant quote today.Build your quote