Professional Scrum Master and Product Owner™
Scrum Teams flourish when the Scrum Master and Product Owner accountabilities are well fulfilled. The 3-day* Professional Scrum Master and Product Owner (PSMPO) course combines the key learning objectives from both the Scrum.org Professional Scrum Master (PSM) and Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) courses. Merging PSM and PSPO together enables side-by-side learning in a way that is not possible when Scrum Masters and Product Owners are trained separately. These learners greatly benefit from having a shared understanding for one another and, by blending the content, students avoid duplicate foundational content and have more space to focus on learning together.
This course includes free attempts at both the Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) and Professional Scrum Product Owner I (PSPO I) globally recognized certification exams.
Please note that the PSMPO class is available only to in-house private organisations and we are unable to offer them publicly.
Who should attend?
The Professional Scrum Master and Product Owner course is designed for Scrum Masters and Product Owners to learn together. This is especially important as they collectively provide leadership that Scrum Teams need to satisfy stakeholders, including customers and users through the early and continuous delivery of value. When bringing this course into your organization, take care to include participants that will be working on teams together. We suggest participants read through the PSM Focus Areas as well as the PSPO Focus Areas before the class.
What is the class?
Throughout the class, students will develop and solidify their fundamental Scrum knowledge and have opportunities to expand their way of thinking about what it takes to be part of a self-managing team. They will explore both the inward facing mindset and the outward facing skills needed to deliver value and create impactful customer outcomes on a frequent basis. Accountabilities of the Scrum Master and Product Owner are interwoven with the Scrum values and the pillars of empiricism in a way that challenges students to immediately approach work in new ways following the class. PSMPO is much more than just a set of slides and an instructor. In this course, students engage in hands-on activities and explore real-life cases for how Scrum Masters and Product Owners can be successful.
The areas of focus are:
- Grow an Agile mindset and build awareness of why values and principles are key to success
- Understand the Scrum framework and how empiricism enables rapid delivery of value
- Build knowledge of how the Scrum Master and Product Owner accountabilities jointly serve the team, customers, and the organization
- Experience techniques for focusing on the customer and delivering incremental value
- Explore approaches for building alignment and execution of the strategy through product vision and product goal
- Learn ways for understanding, delivering and measuring value
- Practice how to manage the product backlog in ways supportive of achieving the product goal
- Create clarity on how release planning builds transparency and helps manage stakeholder expectations
- Solidify the importance of done and discerning what is done and what is undone
- Gain appreciation for the art of working with self-managing teams and building a sustaining capability for solving complex problems
What are the benefits of attending a PSMPO with Optilearn?
There are lots of trainers offering the same course. When you book directly with Optilearn (sometimes, we offer our classes via Partner Training Organisations) you will receive the following benefits:
If you fail your (free) PSM-I or PSPO-I assessment attempts on the first go, we’ll give you free mentoring, coaching and teaching to help you fill in the gaps before your (free) second attempt.
Specifically designated time in every class for assessment preparation. Practicing some mock questions and receiving feedback will increase your chances of success.