Scaled Professional Scrum™
The Scaled Professional Scrum (SPS) is available to anyone who wishes to validate his or her depth of knowledge of the scaling Scrum and the Nexus Framework. Those that pass this assessment will receive the industry recognized SPS certification that demonstrates their mastery of the content.
Who should attend?
Anyone attempting the SPS should have a basic level of Scrum knowledge, which will likely include some Scrum experience and/or have taken the Professional Scrum Master course prior to taking this assessment. However, attending a course is neither necessary nor sufficient for certification. The SPS assessment is very difficult, and consists of multiple-choice questions based on your knowledge of Scrum and how you would handle real-world situations.
What is the class?
Typically offered as two day/four half-day classes, the SPS is an interactive learning experience. When introducing heavy-weight scaling methodologies, teams often find that the added overhead slows down the teams and distracts from the essence and benefits of Scrum. Instead, Scrum.org created the Nexus Framework by minimally extending the Scrum Framework to include ways that help solve the dependency and collaboration challenges of cross-team work. Since Nexus enhances the foundational elements of Scrum, it reinforces the benefits of Scrum while also being familiar to those that have used Scrum.
The Scaled Professional Scrum™ (SPS) with Nexus course, builds on the Nexus framework by introducing complementary practices and techniques proven to help teams scale. The course also includes a free attempt at the globally recognized Scaled Professional Scrum (SPS) certification exam.
The areas of focus are:
- Identify typical challenges in scaling, and learn principles and techniques for overcoming them
- Understand how to find the scale that works best for your organization and processes, including when to reduce or “de-scale”
- Experience the negative impact of cross-team dependencies on value delivery at scale
- Learn how identify, visualize, minimize and remove dependencies through cross-team refinement
- Learn how the Nexus framework extends and reinforces the key principles of Scrum to enable value delivery at scale
- Experience the Nexus framework in action – including the events, accountabilities and artifacts
- Experience techniques for organizing teams, organizing the work and running a Nexus
- Learn how to deliver value across the whole Nexus instead of optimizing the work of the individual teams
What are the benefits of attending an SPS with Optilearn?
There are lots of trainers offering the same course. When you book directly with Optilearn (sometimes, we offer our classes via Partner Training Organisations) you will receive the following benefits:
If you fail your (free) SPS assessment attempt on the first go, we’ll give you free mentoring, coaching and teaching to help you fill in the gaps before your (free) second attempt.
Specifically designated time in every class for assessment preparation. Practicing some mock questions and receiving feedback will increase your chances of success.
This class is for those wanting to learning about how Nexus works to scale Professional Scrum in a product-centric environment.
2 days or 4 half days
Virtual or In-person
Download course PDF
Would your organisation benefit from our Scaled Professional Scrum™ class?
Use our simple tool to create a personalised, instant quote today.Build your quote