Professional Scrum with User Experience™
The Professional Scrum with User Experience (PSU I) assessment is available to anyone who wants to experience how Scrum and User Experience (UX) align and integrate to create cross-functional teams that connect more closely with end users and customers, ultimately delivering more value and improving outcomes. By working together in a dual-track agile process, members of the Scrum Team can work more effectively to balance discovery work and delivery work.
Who should attend?
Anyone attempting the PSU should have an interest in how Professional Scrum and User Experience can work together. The class is particularly aimed at Scrum Masters and Product Owners who want to learn how to integrate the UX specialty with what they already know about product discovery techniques. It is also applicable to UX Professionals struggling to integrate on a Scrum Team and people who have learned about Lean UX and want to learn how to integrate those concepts into Professional Scrum working together in a unified Scrum Team.
What is the class?
Typically offered as two day/four half-day classes, the PSU is an interactive learning experience. Students are challenged to think within the Scrum framework, the underlying principles and values, and how UX can be integrated to support product definition and discovery.
The areas of focus are:
- Gain a common understanding of what is meant by Professional Scrum
- Dispel many myths about User Experience and its relationship to Agile and Scrum
- Experience how the UX mindset and the Scrum framework compliment, align, and integrate
- Learn the advantages of thinking of work as problems to solve, and the Business Problem Statement’s role in this
- Understand how the Scrum Team can connect more closely with end users and customers
- Understand how “easily” and “quickly” we can do product development and include UX
- Learn the advantages of thinking of work as problems to solve, and how Business Problem Statements can frame the discussion
- Learn common patterns for employing UX practices within a Sprint and within a cross-functional team that includes UX Professionals
- Learn how to plan and balance both discovery and delivery work
- Leave with some UX techniques that can be accomplished within the Scrum Team
- Understand how anyone on the Scrum Team can support UX practices in support of the product
- Focus on outcomes and impacts over outputs
- Embrace the need to release and use measurements to validate outcomes
- Realize the importance of incorporating UX work as part of the Product Backlog
- Learn the value of testing hypotheses with experiments
- Understand how to design experiments to be as low-cost, low-risk as possible, and how to make them “ride the Truth Curve” as you increase investment
What are the benefits of attending a PSU with Optilearn?
There are lots of trainers offering the same course. When you book directly with Optilearn (sometimes, we offer our classes via Partner Training Organisations) you will receive the following benefits:
If you fail your (free) PSU-I assessment attempt on the first go, we’ll give you free mentoring, coaching and teaching to help you fill in the gaps before your (free) second attempt.
Specifically designated time in every class for assessment preparation. Practicing some mock questions and receiving feedback will increase your chances of success.
This class is for those who want to learn how UX practices work within a Professional Scrum environment. It will cover UX techniques and core theory about Scrum.
2 days or 4 half days
Virtual or In-person
Download course PDF
Would your organisation benefit from our Professional Scrum with User Experience™ class?
Use our simple tool to create a personalised, instant quote today.Build your quote